Hey! You! Get Onto the Cloud!
Today we’re celebrating National Cloud Day, and unlike the Rolling Stones song, two is definitely not a crowd on this cloud.
If you’re currently using a Cloud-based pest control software provider, then you already know the benefits and security it brings to your business. If you’re still on the fence about it, or if your current software provider is locally hosted (aka on-premise software), here is a list of reasons why you should make the switch.
First, if you’re just starting your research on pest control software, you may be asking yourself, “What’s the difference?”. Simply put, Cloud-based software is all about storing and accessing your data over the internet, while locally-hosted or on-premise software installs and operates from a company’s in-house server. There are numerous benefits to Cloud-based software:
1. Security – Whether you employ hundreds of technicians or you’re a small business owner, there’s always the concern of how to protect your pest control company’s proprietary information. How can you be sure your data is secure and that it won’t be compromised? According to this article, “A cloud host’s full-time job is to carefully monitor security, which is significantly more efficient than a conventional in-house system.” Additionally, the use of encryption makes information less susceptible to hackers or non-authorized users. There’s no need to worry about losing your data due to a power outage or natural disaster because the Cloud ensures it is backed up and protected.
2. Convenience – With Cloud-based software, you can access your customers’ information from any device (smartphone, laptop, or tablet) and any location such as the home or office. Because of this, it’s easy to stay connected with your technicians when they’re in the field all day. It’s a virtual office, no matter where you are.
3. Scalability – Pest control software that is Cloud-based gives your business the flexibility to scale your operations up or down as your business needs change. This means that as your business grows and you need more data storage, there is no need to purchase or install any expensive upgrades.
4. IT Costs – With Cloud-based software, you don’t have to spend money on maintaining hardware or building out a large data center. There’s also no need for large IT teams to handle your data operations since your pest control software provider will take care of that. With the Cloud, downtime is rare, so you’re not spending money on fixing any issues.
5. Competitive Edge – Implementing pest control software already gives you an advantage over those who are running their businesses manually. But implementing Cloud-based software gives you an even bigger advantage because you have adopted cutting-edge technology that allows you to run your business smoothly. According to this Verizon study, 77% of businesses felt Cloud technology gives them a competitive advantage, and 16% believe this advantage was significant.
Businesses large and small in all industries are adopting Cloud-based software to prevent the problems that relying on an on-premise solution can cause. Save yourself time, money, and resources and put your pest control business on the Cloud.