Let’s face it—we live in the digital age. And if your field service business wants to compete, your audience has to know you exist and what you have to offer. If you do a Google search for terms like “lawn care” or “pest control in my area”, you will see page after page of business listings. The same will occur in a social media search for services. So, how do you go about standing out from the competition and getting seen first by your audience?
The answer lies with digital ads. There is an art and a science to creating a digital ad that converts. It can be time- and work-intensive, particularly if it’s not your area of expertise. However, we have some tips and tools of the trade to help you set your business up for success before your busy season begins.
- Do Your Research: Looking at competitive ads, competitor companies, areas the ad will show, and who the ad will be in front of are all key when it comes to making sure an ad will be successful. Writing good ads takes creativity and understanding. Understand the market and be creative enough to entice it.
- Know Your Brand: As you do your competitor research, what will help you most is identifying what you have to offer that the competition doesn’t seem to provide or advertise very well. This gives you clear insight into what advantages you can highlight in your own ads.
- Use Your Words Well: Having strongly written, compelling ad content is important. Included in the enticing verbiage should be a strong offer that outweighs competitor offerings. And to a certain degree, it should be predictable with a level of specificity. People like to know they will get what they want when they click on an ad. Time is valuable to your audience, and they don’t have it to waste on a wild goose chase for information.
- Spend Accordingly: There is no tip or trick that will lead to success more than ensuring you have enough of a budget to generate clicks to analyze data. The name of the game is sample size. Experts use a sample size to identify what will work for a campaign and what won’t. So be sure to budget appropriately.
- Know The Rules: Being ready to publish is more than correct spelling and grammar. There is a list of policies to take into consideration when creating an ad. Google has articles on it, so make sure to familiarize yourself with them before you begin your ad creation to save time and to ensure you don’t run into any issues when you begin running your ads.
Knowledge and skills will take you far in creating digital ads that bring you more business. It’s about knowing what you’re doing, doing it right, and utilizing the functions the ad platform offers. There is no trick per se, but instead, just a large amount of knowledge is needed to effectively manage ads on a consistent basis. If you need some help sorting through the platforms, doing the competitor analysis, or even writing the ad content, the experts at FieldRoutes are here to help. Contact us today to find out how we can get you set up to have a profitable busy season.
Contact the experts at FieldRoutes to schedule your demo.