Access to social media is at the tips of our fingers 24 hours a day. Over 3.6 billion people are currently using social media worldwide, and the number is projected to increase to 4.41 billion in 2025. However, keeping and staying connected with your business’s audience is different than doing the same with family and friends. If your goal is to build your business, random posts aren’t going to cut it. You need to expand your audience and connect with the right people. The following tips will help you combine strategy and creativity when using social media to boost your business.
Timing Is Everything
It’s not only about what you say. When it comes to social media, it is just as important when you say it. You don’t have to do it all alone, though. Using a social media scheduling tool can help you know when to share your content to get the most views and engagement. Here are some days and times that produce the best results for specific platforms.
- Facebook: Wednesday afternoons between 3-5 pm, 12-1 pm on weekends, and 1-4 pm Thursday and Friday afternoons.
- Twitter: Weekdays between 12-6 pm. For an emphasis on retweets, post between 5-6 pm.
- Instagram: Highest engagement is on Mondays, and lowest is Sundays. In general, schedule posts during business hours with the best results between 3-4 pm.
- LinkedIn: Generally, business hours work well with the best results seen 7-8 am and 5-6 pm Tuesday through Thursday, and for the most clicks and shares, 10-11 am on Tuesdays.
If you’re looking for some consistencies that surpass time, think about what is always at the top of your audience’s screens when on social media platforms. Both Instagram and Facebook utilize Stories and the Live feature. Both of these options will consistently put you in front of your audience without them having to scroll.
What You See Is What You Get
It’s worth investing the time, effort, and money into producing visually appealing posts because these are the ones that will catch your audience’s eyes. You can accomplish this by doing the following:
- Don’t be afraid to switch things up. Use both videos and pictures to break things up and create variety.
- Use video content to boost engagement by making relatable, transparent content. People like to see the “behind-the-scenes” of your business so that they can know the people behind the business.
- Keep your visuals fresh with content that specifically focuses on the needs of your customers like infographics, graphs, and illustrations showing how your company performs services or detailing a specific problematic area.
No matter what type of visual content you decide to use, it is critical to optimize it for each social media platform and its location therein. For example, Facebook posts and Instagram posts are not the same sizes, and an Instagram Story image is a different size from a regular post. If you want to be viewed as professional, it is important to take the time to make the necessary adjustments. Use these tips to give your social media posts some punch when it comes to scheduling and visual content. While the platforms may evolve over time, the need to stay connected won’t. As a result, your business needs you to be social media savvy.
Contact the experts at FieldRoutes™ to schedule your demo.