The good news? Lawn care services are in high demand, and it’s a lucrative business. The bad news? You’re going to have to work hard to stand out against the competition. These six tips will help you get started:
- Build a website geared toward conversions. Since 97% of of consumers search for local businesses online, your website must stand out from the rest. Sure, there are a lot of free website templates that can get you off the ground, but it’s worth the money to invest in a professionally designed site that speaks to your specific target market.
- Invest in search engine optimization (SEO). Investing in your website but not SEO just doesn’t make sense. SEO is a form of digital marketing that helps rank your website for searches so that customers can find you. The Internet is full of a lot of junk, and SEO is what’s going to help you get found and stand out from your competitors.
- Provide phenomenal customer service. 88% of customers trust online reviews before they decide to buy. Since residential lawn care is an ultra-competitive industry, you can’t afford to lose customers from negative reviews and poor service. It’s essential to respond to both negative and positive reviews to gain and retain customers.
- Sell your benefits, not your features. It’s easy to want to show off your latest and greatest tools for lawn care, but your focus should be around how it benefits your customers and why they should choose you. A good way to look at it is to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and ask, “What’s in it for me?” At the end of the day, your customers are looking to purchase services that solve their problems.
- Define your value proposition. What’s a value proposition? It’s a statement that defines why someone should choose you over another lawn care company. A great value proposition should communicate the customer’s problem and how you intend to solve it. proposition should communicate the customer’s problem and how you intend to solve it.
- Mix it up. Just like any good and tasty recipe, your content marketing should be a mix of things. Four parts blog, two parts video, and a dash of infographics make a good start. Get creative! Content is one of the most effective inbound marketing strategies that not only helps you gain new customers but it’s also a great way to promote brand awareness.
Standing out is all about being different. If everyone is posting the same thing, why would you do it? Keep tabs on what your competitors are doing so you can outperform them and dominate your market. Reach out to FieldRoutes today, and we’ll help you crush your competition.
Contact the experts at FieldRoutes to schedule your demo.