New research indicates that when it comes to pest control, a majority of potential buyers—52% to be exact—heed Smokey Robinson’s priceless advice and decide to shop around. Taking the time to understand what drives customers away and why they choose one provider over another can consistently put you at the top of the list. In this Tip Sheet, we’ll break down some common objections and look at what you can do to overcome them.
- Ensure Your Pricing Is Fair And Competitive: Nowadays, people are looking to save money any way they can. While pest control has proven to be a necessary expense for many, it’s a good idea to do some homework and make sure your pricing is fair and competitive. Some sort of price matching program may prove to be beneficial.
- Expand Your Reach: It’s hard to close the sale if you don’t have the bandwidth or cover your potential customer’s service area. Look to your software to add efficiencies so you can pick up more business. Likewise, referral partnerships with other companies can expand your reach.
- Cut Response Time: Nothing drags you down like having a slow process. If you take too long to respond to inquiries, chances are, your prospective customer will move on without a backward glance. Your software can be a key ally in helping you track new opportunities and freeing up time for follow up.
- Quickly Resolve Issues: One bad interaction could be all it takes to send your potential customers running for the hills. Take the time to train your staff and create customer service scripts to ensure a consistent experience from the office to the field. If things take a turn, jump in and make it right.
- Leverage Word Of Mouth: Word of mouth can be your best friend or your worst enemy when it comes to adding new business. Make sure you react quickly to resolve any issues and respond to every online review. Also, encourage satisfied customers to share their positive experiences with friends and family.
- Keep Your Website In Shape: For better or worse, your website is likely the first stop for those looking for new services. That’s why a well-designed, mobile-optimized, and error-free website is an absolute must in today’s marketplace. Conduct periodic audits and consider getting an expert opinion.
- Be Consistent On Social Media: Your exes aren’t the only ones cyberstalking your social media accounts. Your prospects often go online to verify your reputation and check for red flags. Consistent and timely posts show that your business is active and responsive. Positive interactions with followers are helpful too.
The right software partner can help get your ducks in a row and provide a competitive edge for your business. Visit FieldRoutes.com today to see how we can help you acquire more business and simplify your entire operation.