PestWorld 2019 Is Right Around the Corner!
PestRoutes is heading to San Diego for PestWorld 2019 in a couple of weeks and we couldn’t be more excited for this year’s event! Not only are trade shows educational and fun, but it’s a great way to network and connect with other people in our unique industry. For us, we can’t wait to meet you and demo our new products live and in-person.
We’ve been busy since last year’s event! In addition to launching our new brand and website, our customer base grew to over 1,300 customers, we developed trend reporting which launched us into the commercial pest control space, and we transformed the technician mobile app – whew! This transformed version provides a simplified user experience and improved field service efficiency through modern mobile technology. We’re excited for you to see it!
As you know, tradeshows can be daunting if you don’t have a plan. Here are a few tips to help you out:
1. Wear comfortable shoes! This should go without saying, but it’s important to be comfortable. You might consider bringing different pairs of comfortable shoes and alternating them throughout the event. Most trade shows are in large convention centers and can be the size of several football fields so you will be walking – a lot. Which leads us to point number 2.
2. Map out the location of the vendors you want to meet. As mentioned above, trade shows and exhibits are held in large areas. Arrive early and find a map or directory. In order to be more efficient, you will want to prioritize the vendors that are most important to you. Once you’ve visited the companies on your list, walk around and network.
3. Network, network, network! Look for networking opportunities. Introduce yourself to industry leaders as they are great people to know. Be social at educational workshops and hand out your business cards.
4. Set up meetings. If you already know who you want to talk to, go ahead and set up a 1:1 meeting. Trade shows are loud and distracting and it can be easy to lose track of time. Set your alarm as a reminder and text or email the other person letting them know you are on your way.
5. Set aside time to attend educational seminars and workshops. Most trade shows include free education seminars and workshops as part of the event. Take advantage of them and learn the latest and greatest in the pest control industry to help you run your company even better.
Most importantly, have fun! Attend the trade show’s after party, visit the city, and make new connections. Don’t forget to stop by our PestRoutes’ booths! We’re located at #132-134 and #233 Receive a demo and get the chance to win great prizes and giveaways. One lucky company will win our GRAND PRIZE!