What if your technicians could spend less time traveling and more time working? It’s possible! When you think about software, it’s time to move beyond the four walls of your office to see how the right lawn care software can streamline and optimize your technicians’ routes so you can save money, time, and your sanity.
1.Know What You Need From Your Software
Your routing software needs to be able to keep up with your business. The reason you need the software in the first place is because your lawn care business is on the move. Important features like these will keep you moving with purpose:
- Routing Features: Lawn care is a unique industry as it relates to route planning. It’s critical that you are able to route by technician skillset or certification. Likewise, you need to be able to route by chemical capacity and optimize routes for hazmat and same side of street.
- Up-To-Date Route Information: Route optimization software needs to keep up with the latest traffic patterns, roads, and accidents to ensure your technicians get to their appointments on time every time. They should know the fastest, most direct route to their destination in order to decrease windshield time.
- Accurate Geocoding: This is the ability to convert an address into geographical coordinates that can be displayed on a map and used for routing.
- Analytics And Report Management: The only way to be efficient is to know what’s going on. A customized report will provide insight into your technicians’ days with essential data that includes the time and location for breaks, customer stops, refueling, and everywhere else they travel so you can make decisions to streamline their travel time.
- Job Pooling: There’s no need to aimlessly drive all over town. A job pooling feature literally pools all customers due for service within a given location and time range and allows you to easily “drag-and-drop” appointments into a technician’s route. And if a job isn’t able to get done, it is prioritized and re-assigned.
2.Know the Benefits of Route Management Software
You know you need a good routing software for your lawn care business, but’s it’s just as important to understand why.
- Eliminate Human Error: Computer programs are far superior to humans when it comes to catching errors. Route management software ensures addresses are correct. This may seem like a small thing, but it will save you big in the areas of time and gas if your technicians are no longer driving to the wrong addresses.
- Reduce Mileage: Your route management software will help your team operate more efficiently. You’ll be able to do more with less— less fuel with lower costs. • Improved Customer Service: Intelligent route optimization tools ensure that the right technician gets to the right customer at the right time. Customers know when to expect the technician, and you know they’ll be there.
- Increase Productivity: Reduce the time you spend planning your technicians’ appointments. Some appointments can be complex, but you’ll be able to schedule them with ease using your software that takes the important factors into consideration.
Smart routing can be quite challenging without the right software for your lawn care business. 66% of respondents in a Lawn & Landscape Magazine survey indicated that they used either no software, generic software, or software built for another field service industry. We worked with our lawn customers to ensure you have the efficiencies that your business needs. Our marketing and operations suites provide an end-to-end solution for your lawn business.
- Mobile access to get contracts signed in the field and start the same day
- Real-time reporting that provides a clear picture of key metrics and your customers’ lifecycle
- Lawn-focused websites and landing pages designed to convert visitors into new prospects
- Metrics that show real-time conversions and ROI on all of your marketing efforts
- And more!
Contact us to learn more about how we can work together to get your lawn care business growing.