Don’t Swipe Right Too Fast on Pest Control Software
We get it — it’s hard these days to make a meaningful connection. Finding the right pest control software is a little like dating.
It starts with an initial attraction — you’re getting to know each other, you’re being wined and dined, and the butterflies are kicking in. Then you start spending a lot of time together. You’re talking about your needs and what you’re looking for in a relationship; maybe you’ve told them about how you’ve been burned in the past. Things continue to move forward, and then when the time is right, they show you their … demo. You’re in love.
In the beginning, it was easy to ignore their flaws. It had been a long time since someone treated you this way and you were enjoying the attention. But now, six months later, the reality is setting in. You’re starting to see them for who they really are and you’re questioning your choice and their commitment.
You wonder, where did it go wrong? The price seemed like a great fit for your budget, but unfortunately, cracks are starting to develop in the relationship:
- Implementation – Implementation isn’t going as smoothly as you were promised. They told you it would take six weeks. Well, it’s six months later and you’re still not up and running. It’s your busiest time of year and your employees are not happy. Especially because they're getting caught in the middle. Now they must do everything manually.
- Features – Instead of staying focused on your business objectives, you were distracted by all the fancy features that you don’t need.
- Contract – Unfortunately, you didn’t read the contract as carefully as you should have. They’ve made it so difficult for you to terminate it that you have to stay with no way out.
Maybe you were having too good of a time and you chose to overlook obvious flaws. Your pest control software should create efficiencies, automate, and improve your business as much as possible, especially in the following areas:
- Route Optimization – Route optimization software helps your business run more efficiently by reducing the number of hours it takes to manually plan your technicians’ routes.
- Billing and Collections – When you automate your billing and collections, you’re making it easier for your customers to pay. Automated billing software also decreases errors and reduces administration costs.
- Customer Service – You can increase customer satisfaction by making it easier for them to manage their account, pay their invoice, and schedule their next appointment online through customer portals.
Just like people, no pest control software provider is perfect. However, your ultimate goal is to choose a partner that provides support, grows with you, and helps create a vision for your future together.